Friday, May 23, 2008

What do Moths eat?

So Kylie is in a bug catching phase. Strange because she gets totally freaked out by most bugs but lately she has been trying to catch them, name them and keep them in my kitchen containers.

Two weeks ago her and Allyson caught a fly, yes a fly, I am not sure how but they did and Kylie thought it to be a good idea to keep it. She named her fly Flido! She came up with that all her own. She asked what it ate, and after I told her she didn't say anything but I know she must have been thinking.....flido is going to starve! I explained that eventually Flido would die because he is a fly. He did - I was relieved, Kylie was sad.
Yesterday, in the midst of Kinder pre-graduation activities, Kylie found a moth (not to hard considering we are in the middle of our yearly moth infestation) and wanted to keep it. When we first moved out here and experienced our first spring with Moths Kylie would run around saying Mops, Mops - Mom Mops until I came and disposed of the Mops. Anyway she kept coming out of her room asking me questions about moths and I being rather busy kept saying I don't know and not right now or Kylie I am busy. Not giving up as I hoped she would,she came out and said, "Mom, what do moths eat?" I said, "Kylie, I have no idea! I don't have time for this." She replied, "Mom - just look it up on Moth.com and find out everything I need to know?" "It won't take long"

No comments: