Kylie still believes in the fairy tale. She is always asking, " when will I meet my prince?" A couple weeks after starting Kindergarten, she came home all concerned. She said, " Mommy, the boys at school don't even know that girls are supposed to grow up and get married to a prince!"
"They just don't understand." she exclaimed. I told her that "boys are weird like that" She said, "I know, Mommy, I guess Daddy just won't find my prince here." (Yes- she believes that her Daddy is supposed to pick her prince, he is very happy about this.) I reassured her that her prince is most definitely not here! "Just where could he be and how is Daddy supposed to find him" was her reply. I just told her, "he is out there somewhere, but you don't have to worry about that right now because you are too young to get married." She says, "I know Mom I just want to know what he is doing?" Like he is out there somewhere dreaming about marrying his princess. Who knows maybe he is!
1 comment:
Spoken like a true princess! When I was in college, we used to sing "Someday my prince will come . . . in the Millenium"!
Post a Comment