Friday, March 27, 2009

House Rules

Kylie was pretend playing the other day.  Here is our conversation:

Kylie: Mom I need the keys to the car.
Me: What for!? (At this point I wasn't clued into the pretend play)
Kylie: I am going to drive to my friend Dillon's house. I'm sixteen.
Me: Really? (clued in at this point)
Kylie: Yes I need the keys to drive the car. I have to go now. I am late. 

So she is really into this whole scenario and is constantly at me.  I in the meantime am not and am into whatever it was I was doing. So-

Me: Kylie your going to have to play this one out. I am busy. Besides you are not aloud to go to boy's houses.
Kylie: What do you mean?
Me: I mean when you are older you are not aloud at boy's houses by yourself.
Kylie: Why not!
Me: Because those are the rules.
Kylie: Okay? What...........ever!

She exits the room and I don't hear anything more about it. Then the next day apparently this conversation went on with my Mom (Grammy).

Kylie: Grammy, I have a question.
Grammy:  Yes, what question is that?
Kylie: How come you can't go to boy's house when you are older?
Grammy: Because that is just a rule of your Mom and Dad's?
Kylie: why?
Grammy: well just because.  I am sure that if your friend is having a party and a bunch of kids are going you will be able to go.
Kylie: Oh! so it is not a law that you can't go to boys houses?
Grammy: No Kylie it is not a law.
Kylie: I knew it wasn't a law, Mom said it was!



1 comment:

monica said...

Very cute conversation!