Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cleaning with Aunt Mary

Kylie went cleaning yesterday with her Aunt Mary (who cleans houses). She was so excited all week long about her new job.

So they ended up cleaning a very small house of a friend of Aunt Mary's. He is single and has just made a small corner of his shop into a living space with a very small kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.

First Kylie says, "I have never cleaned a strangers' place before." Then when Aunt Mary asked her if she would be OK for a minute while she went to get something. She said, "Well......I have never been alone in a strangers house before." So funny!

Here is another conversation:

Kylie: Who lives here?
Aunt Mary: Mike.
Kylie: Is he married?
Aunt Mary: Nope.
Kylie: Why not?
Aunt Mary: Well he just has never found the right one.
Kylie: Why not?
Aunt Mary: I don't know.
Kylie: Well I am going to start looking for the right one when I am sixteen.

I am thinking we are going to have to have a conversation about that.

Then. While Aunt Mary was cleaning the kitchen (which is really small and only warrants a rag and a strong arm) they have this conversation:

Kylie: Why are you using that and not a mop!
Aunt Mary: Well it is a little floor. It doesn't really need a mop.
Kylie: Well two swipes with a mop and you would be done instead you are going to have to do twenty - four!

{a little later}

Kylie: I am going to follow in my mom's footsteps.
Aunt Mary: Oh really, how? {thinking she was going to say something to do with family}
Kylie: I am going to use a mop!

She just couldn't understand why Aunt Mary wasn't using a mop. Gotta love her way of thinking.

No comments: