Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mice are Natural

We had a mouse in the house the other day.  The first in 5 years.  I think he came through the door that leads to the garage the day we cleaned out the garage.  Anyhow once the girls realized that there was a mouse in the house they were a little freaked out, like me.  I really  dislike mice! Here is my conversation with Ky:

Ky: Mom what are you going to do with the mouse?
Me: get it with the trap.
Ky: will it die?
Me: yes.
Ky: Mom - Mice are a natural thing. I think that we should catch it and let it go.
Me: Uh no! Mice may be natural when they are outside but once they come inside my house they are fair game and must die! ( I really really hate mice)

I explained how dirty they are and how they leave their droppings all over the house and that they carry diseases that can make us very ill.  She then understood.

1 comment:

monica said...

Yes - mice they are awful creatures. Maybe Kylie could have a pet mouse...